In addition, I also give you the following acceptance speech:
Ahem! Hello, everyone. I'm Cindy Brown. It's my honor to stand up on this virtual stage tonight and receive this award. [Gushing] Why, I'm so unprepared! I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me! I'd like to thank my wonderful director and my dear friend and co-star, Tom Hanks. I'd like to thank my wonderful husband Neil, who is my biggest supporter, even though he's only read one of my posts, and my children for not giving a crap at all that I'm a writer, but I love them! I really love them! I'd like to thank all of you fans out there, in your underwear, reading my posts. And of course I'd like to thank God. Without you, words would not exist and therefore, neither would Everyday Underwear. And in the words of the great thespian Charlie Sheen... I'm, "Duh, winning!"
Okay, okay, that isn't really an acceptance speech. And I actually stole part of it from Sally Field's 1985 Academy Awards speech. Sorry, Sally. And sorry, Charlie. Wouldn't want to steal your thunder, but I have been awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award! I, Everyday Underwear, feel validated. This calls for a celebration of new underwear!
My favorites. My cozies! My Hanes Microfiber undies which literally were the inspiration for the name of this blog. It's definitely a metaphor for comfort, everyday things, and that yearning you have for your everyday underwear if, for some reason beyond your control (like you forgot to do laundry), you have to wear the thong one day. Trust me. That day, you long for your everyday underwear and you are reminded that you don't want to go very long without it.
That's the same feeling I hope people get about my blog. No, not that you have floss up your crack, but that it's something comfortable that you look forward to getting back to.
Okay, on to the tasks at hand. I have obligations now. I have to tell you seven interesting things about myself, as though I haven't already done that in my blog! Okay, so here goes:
- When I was in school, I played the flute very well and wanted to be a professional flautist (yes, that is really a word) and play a gold flute like James Galway.
- I used to be a dedicated "cat person" until my husband and children slowly forced me into dogdom. Now I am more of a dog person and I love my dogs so much that I breed them. However, my only tattoo is still that of a cat.
- I used to sell caskets to funeral homes for a living. This tidbit always gets a rise out of people.
- After miserably failing with my own choices in men and as a new Christian with a desperate desire to change my life, I prayed for God to bring me a Union or construction worker who was a good man and had two little girls for me to adopt... and He did exactly that. Not to sound like the movie Shrek, but helloooo, "I'm a Believer!"
- My favorite movies are either visually stunning or deep thinkers:
- Point of No Return
- Shutter Island
- Anything with Johnny Depp or Antonio Banderas or Channing Tatum (think visually stunning actors).
- My teeth are naturally straight, my boobs are real, and I cut my own hair (and that will be the title of an upcoming blog post).
- I pee in the shower. See post Do You, Would You, Could You Pee in the Shower?
- Lisa Weinstein - The Mixed Up Brains of Lisa Weinstein
- Kendra Martin - Creating Stepping Stones out of Life's Stumbling Blocks!
- Van Brown - Van Brown's Journal
- Tom Ryan - This Old Man Says
- Marcy (can't find your last name on your blog!) L - (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish
- Norine Dworkin-McDaniel - Don't Put Lizards in Your Ears
- Jillee (can't find your last name either!) - One Good Thing by Jillee