Then on the very same day I hit 10,000 page views on my site, I received an unexpected NEW award from Sabeen at Mumchic - Where chic and fabulous is a default. I was very shocked to receive it and couldn't be happier to have received it from her.
Additionally, I received great feedback from the Don't Do a Damn Thing Award I created. Yes, you may give it to yourself. Yes, I'm giving it to all of you. Go take a nap. Then, if you feel like it, add chocolate or alcohol as rule #4, or both if you're feeling randy.
To share 7 facts about myself is my task... yay, another list! Ahem!
- I can tie a cherry stem in a knot in my mouth. An old bar drink trick I learned.
- I can make a dollar bill into a bow tie. Another old bar trick I learned. Hey, at least I got something out of the bar scene, right?
- I did a survey and found out that my tattoo is actually classified as a "Tramp Stamp" although I had no idea that's what it was called when I placed it there in 2001. Just wanted it out of the way where I could cover it if I wanted to, but I would know it was there. It's a cat, a paw print, and some text in memorial to a cat I had who died. It was before I had children and she was like a child to me. I cried for four days when she died and I still have her here on my desk cremated in a box. And yes, that's weird, but that's how I felt about her at the time.
- I still find it funny to repeat the phrase from a book I read in childhood by Judy Blume called Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret, "I must, I must, I must increase my bust!" However, I must have repeated it plenty, because my bazongas are big-e-dang-nough.
- I am not great at math, but guess what I am pretty good with... words!
- I would die without italics, underline and bold facing for emphasis.
- We ate healthier boxed pizza tonight for our family pizza night and it sucked. I'm thinking we need one night of luxury in our diet. Phhht! Yucky. But we are trying, so we get an A for the effort.
Now, to nominate others - I am a rule breaker and you KNOW IT! I am only nominating one deserving blog today for the Inspirational Blog Award and it is to my new bloggy friend Chris Dean of Life Your Way! Chris says, "Live well, Love much, Laugh often... despite chronic illness! Where health and humor meet in a head-on collision!" I love Chris' approach to writing and humor while living with Systemic Scleroderma and Fibromyalgia. She's very funny and I just like her!
I'd also like to Woo-Hoo that we sold our last puppy very unexpectedly, although I'm sad to see the last puppy go. It was a kind of wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, in-and-out-burger kind of a quickie deal. There will be more puppies, however, in the future. Noooo problemo! I am arranging a candlelight dinner for Buddy and Penny right now, complete with violin music to set the mood.
Woo-Hoo that I also got asked to do another guest post (and the first one hasn't even hit yet), so I'm feeling uber-special (((blushing)))
My Alexa rating keeps going up and I just love writing so much ;0) and it makes me do a happy dance.
I'd like to Woo-Hoo that our truck broke down in the Wal-Mart parking lot last week, but that I was within sight of an Auto Zone, a ride just happened by from church, my husband was able to fix it in the parking lot, and my unexpected financial blessing from recently paid for it.
Both of my girls are healthy and happy and had a great time at church camps and on vacation and I'm undergoing testing to rule out all the funky diseases I'm afraid I might have (they swear the pathology doesn't show the Shingles virus, so I did blood testing for Lupus and other auto-immune diseases like that and allergy testing today where I have to wear these strips taped to my back for three days), plus I've started exercising and eating better and my family is on board with getting healthier. Go health!
There is some writing news to Woo-Hoo, too, but unfortunately, I'm sworn to secrecy right now! Ack! I know, it's totally killing me. I will give you all the details as soon as I can (when "they" let me know it's okay).
Be on the lookout for my guest post on RachelintheOC.com around 7/8/12! I'm so excited, I can hardly see straight!